bauergriffinonline.com

Like her sister, Pippa Middleton made a costume change before last night's reception dinner at Buckingham Palace. The maid of honor chose an Alice Temperley dress, after wearing a stunning sleek ivory satin gown by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen to the ceremony at Westminster Abbey.

For the party celebrating Prince William and Kate, Pippa wore an emerald green Temperley London gown with a plunging neckline and sparkly embellishments -- a definite color contrast from her pale number earlier in the day.

She paired the jewel-toned stunner with Aruna Seth's "Lynn" sandal, a silver strappy shoe with rhinestone accents. The bridal accessory designer sent Pippa 10 pairs -- these were the winner.

"I was honored that Ms. Pippa Middleton asked me to design her dress for the Royal Wedding evening reception," Temperley said Friday, according to People magazine. "Pippa was a delight to work with and knows exactly what she likes. She loved the green color, which looks great on her skin tone. The dress was designed especially for her with a fantastic open back and a full skirt for dancing in."

Pippa and mom Carole had been spotted at the designer's boutique earlier this month, sparking rumors that Temperley was creating the bridesmaid's dress and the royal wedding gown. It appears at least part of the speculation was true.

Watch a pre-wedding interview with Pippa's shoe designer Aruna Seth:

More Royal Wedding News:

Kate's Second Royal Wedding Dress for Reception

This Royal Wedding Bridesmaid Is Not Happy

Newlyweds William and Kate Ride Off in Blue Convertible

Will and Kate Receive New Titles

Queen Elizabeth II Wears Canary Yellow Angela Kelly Design

Poll: Kate's Royal Wedding Makeup

Chelsy Davy Dons Alberta Ferretti to the Wedding

Pippa Middleton's White Hot Royal Wedding Dress

Photos: The Royal Family Tree

Who's Who in the Royal Wedding Party

Video: Prince Charles Break Dances (Sorta)

Who Was Crowned the Most Beautiful Royal of All Time?

Could Prince William's Future Daughter Be Queen?

• Connie B

Hey there Anne:
    Why so hurtful when yu don't even know these ladies! And to say those things on someone's
    wedding day...: ( And I agree with BarbaraAnn...I'd love to see what you look like!!!!!
    You must be a real prize package lol ..lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am very happy for William and Kate...May God always bless them!

• Arene

Boy, everyone sure is jumping down Anne's throat for expressing an opinion! I have to agree with her on some things. I too feel that the neckline was too plunging for the event. The color is beautiful and looked wonderful on Pippa. However, this was a wedding reception and the neckline could have been a bit more tasteful. I certainly didn't think it was trashy though. And I don't think she was 'over tanned'. She is a very attractive young woman. As for Kate's wedding gown, I was surprised at it's simplicity. It was very tasteful but even the veil was quite bland. And if Kate looked tired, goodness....who wouldn't be under those circumstances? All in all, I think the whole event was exciting and I wish William and Kate all the blessings in the world.

• Marlene

The dresses were lovely. Kate's wedding gown with its delicate white lace and her flowers was elegantly beautiful and highly appropriate for a royal wedding. Pippa in her emerald evening dress was absolutely stunning! . . . But, .I agree it that the revealing bodice was inappropriate. I know conventions have become more permissive, . . . but men's eyes and minds remain delightly and eternally stepped in testosterone. Thus, the dress was pleasingly suitable for the boudoir or a private evening, not a global social-political event linked to the British crown and people.

• AntBee

Oh you folks come off it!

There is nothing wrong in Pippa's dress!

They are young people, and times have changed.

No matter how beautiful, there will alwasy be those who will taint or throw something unpleasant in the mix. Why?

• Bob

For a private function of 300 of the couples closest friends I see nothing wrong with the neckline. I am sure no one else did at the function.

• Don

Wow! Pippa is HOT, too!

• NitaL

She is gorgeous like her sister...They both have great bodies, could wear gunny sacks and still look good. Some people are just so jealous they can't be happy for anyone else...

• JANE GRAY

PIPPA IS FAST BECOMING AN ATTENTION GETTER, BUT HER SISTER'S WEDDING WAS NOT THE PLACE TO START. SHE IS TOO THIN TO DRESS IN LOW CUTS, BONES ARE SHOWING, THERE, I GAVE MY COMMENT,AND BY THE WAY, AMERICAN'S ARE NOT PIGS,,,,,,WE ARE JUST INTERESTED AND AFTER ALL IT WAS ALL OVER THE NEWS HERE ALSO! MY BEST TO WILL AND KATE,,,,, MAY HE TREAT HER BETTER THAN HIS FATHER TREAT DIANA, WHO WE ALL LOVED HERE IN THE USA,,,,,,, CAMILLA SHOULD BE BANNED LIKE SARAH FERGUSON WAS,,, ACTUALLY CAMMIL IS A HUSBAND THIEF! BYE FROM AMERICA THE BRAVE! LOL

• Id Due Pippa

I'd like Pippa to undo my Zippa and give ol' Flippa a nice Rippa as I put my Lippa on her Drippa.
    Even the Queen would wave to that action.

• marie

Always amusing when those with lukewarm IQ's post on these boards. You are a pig and your mother (if you know who she is) needs to wash your mouth out with soap!!!!

• Marie

Fat chance of that happening!! LOL

• Pam

Somebody wants a Prince for herself..Think back to the last wedding. She looks like she could be a total disaster like Fergie. Run Harry Run...............

• cest moi2

if you dye her hair blonde, doesn't she look like marcia brady (maureen mccormick). likeness is uncanny.

• marie

Because they are so unhappy in their own lives!!

• Liz

Two beautiful sisters. Two handsome brothers. Pippa surely helped make Kate's Day "perfect" ... but she didn't steal the day. Harry with his good looks and obvious zest for life seemed just as intent on his best man role and support for his brother. I say hurrah to all of them, including the six young attendants -- bridesmaids and groomsmen -- who were perfectly behaved with no tears or tantrums in sight, as so often happens with ones so young in a wedding party. Our fascination with the royal family seems a bit arcane, but it's great entertainment, and I wish them well.

• Liz

Ah-hhh, Mari, Mari ... your chip is showing. Pippa doesn't look TOO causasion now does she, with her tan skin and dark hair and brows, etc.? Methinks we need another bowl of milk ... me-eeow.

• Del

Mari Mari Mari,

"As long as a woman is black, she is considered beautiful by blacks." Now isn't that a stupid statement??? Not at all true. Why say it about Caucasians? You are trying to make this a racial topic and it's nothing of the sort. It's about two young women, a new duchess and her sister.

• Pat

I think she is just as beautiful as her sister. All the dresses were beautiful. Hoping all had a wonderful evening and enjoyed the wonderful celebration. It was nice to have some good news for once.

• 38 Comments / 2 Pages