kate middleton prince william royal wedding cake
JOHN STILLWELL/AFP/Getty Images

Hungry for more royal wedding coverage? Presenting Prince William and Kate Middleton's eight-tiered cake, to be consumed at Friday's reception.

Fiona Cairns spent five weeks putting together the entire dessert and covering it with 900 flowers, ivy leaves and lace work -- upon Kate's request -- and topped with the newlyweds' cipher.

So what's inside? Some delicious details from the Daily Mail:

"The cakemaker would not reveal all the ingredients she used but said the cake contained a range of produce from dried fruits such as raisins and sultanas to walnuts, cherries, grated oranges and lemon, French brandy and free-range eggs and flour."

And now, without further ado, the tastiest close-up yet.

• Barb

Her colors were ivory and white.....what other colors would she need????

• sundance7

I believe you are thinking of Sylvia Weinstock out of New York City.

• cc

Your taste definately is ALL in your mouth. There were already probably enough floweres in the room to gag a bee.

• Judy Todi

The famous cake maker that you are speaking about is WENDY KROMER, who is with MARTHA STEWART (cake books, etc.) and she (WENDY KROMER) lives in SANDUSKY, OHIO where she has her own business called WENDY KROMER SPECIALITY CONFECTIONS on WATER STREET. She also has breakfasts, croissants, muffins, cookies, CAKES, etc., etc. A very lovely/wonderful person and she also does treats for SANDALS RESORT. Need a cake? She's the best! She could easily duplicate the Royal wedding cake for anyone! And any other kind.

• dootise

I know this may shock you..but wedding cakes are really not about the 'EATING".

• Teresa

There is plenty of color on the cake. My daughter had her wedding dress in the same color. It was called champagne. Beautiful matched with the white. Very impressive cake. Elegant, no too much decoration, each piece beautifully detailed.

• MARGARET

I THINK THEIR WEDDING CAKE WAS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL & VERY FITTING FOR THIS YOUNG COUPLE

• Bear

Kimstip: I totally agree with you. This cake looks elegant to me - - - a non-trained eye. Very regale.

• ruthless

What exactly were you expecting?...to be invited to the wedding?

• Shane

Made me laugh Olivia.....Thanks !

• nickersdacat

The cake is beautiful and fits right in with the color theme and understated glamour and class the Royal couple chose. Perhaps Barblyn was expecting something Buddy from Cake Boss or Tori Spelling would have done.

• Joanne

It looks like it is made of the finest china and crystal.

• donna

Elegance. (Pure and oh so simple)

• Binky

A cake made for a KING!

• Sue

Beautiful, just like the wedding. I wish them luck, happiness and good health.

• Laurie Ellen

There is no accounting for taste.
    Some people love colored, blinking Christmas Lights and others think that solid white lights are simple and elegant.
    I guess this holds true for wedding cakes too.
    LESS IS MORE

• christie

well, it's not my style exactly but that's the thing about weddings, the dress, the colors (or lack of) and the cake should all be the tastes of the marrying couple. Too often, guests, meddling families and spectators forget what weddings are about. I do get the simple color scheme after seeing her dress which was so elegant and beautiful in a very modern way, the girl seems to be quite classy and elegant herself. I don't quite like the very precise details given the lack of color. When I got married I went with two toned ivory/white and less detail for a very simple and clean look. A few real flowers were added to match the colors of my bouquet. So, just enjoy gettting to see inside their wedding and remember to wish them a blessed life together. It was THEIR wedding.

• Kathy

Just beautiful just like the wedding.I thought that the trees in the church were awsome touch.And instead of gifts donations to there favorite charitys now that is incredable for them to do.I think the Royal family should be grateful that they have such a wonderful daughter in-law in the family.All the best to the Prince and Princess.

• Deb

Stunning! There's no replacement for taste and elegance!!!

• Jane Hulsopple

Amazing Fairytale Wedding... Picture perfect.... Wonderful details!
    Beautiful Bride...Handsome Groom ....... Sincere Congratulations to the Newlyweds, the Royal Families & their Friends and the United Kingdom... for the loyal support. And to all the thousands of people who attended.... Well done.
    Blessings to All. ~~~ : )