Here comes the sun: the Queen was all smiles as she greeted guests at the wedding of her grandson, Prince William.

Queen Elizabeth II chose an Angela Kelly single crepe wool primrose dress with hand-sewn beading at the neck in the shape of sun rays.

Pinned to her matching double crepe wool tailored primrose coat was Queen Mary's True Lovers Knot diamond brooch. Her hat with silk roses -- also designed by Angela Kelly -- was a lovely addition to her outfit. Ladylike accessories like white gloves, pearl necklace and white handbag added a timeless elegance.

queen elizabeth II royal wedding dress

Getty Images

Meanwhile, mummy-to-be Victoria Beckham accessorized with a floral topper as well -- hers is a bit more eccentric though.

And don't miss our play-by-play of the event.

• Frankie

I've always been a fan of the Queen. She's elegant and always looks fabulous for her age. My partner, however, pokes fun of my admiration. While watching the wedding festivities this morning, as the Queen came by in her coach, he said, "And here comes the old lemon."

• jim

Good for him.....I agree

• theresa

i think ur partner was little unsensetive, cause i think the queen has class

• Lucie

In my opinion a soft green would have been lovely

• Margery

What a shame you never learned to respect your elders. Is this how you feel about your grandparents as well? You sound like trailer trash to me.

• Annie

The yellow was a perfect soft color for her. Very flattering and it went perfectly with the prominent colors in the heraldry and uniforms: gold, black, blue and red. Any other color would have clashed especially with her husband uniform.

• Sy

Your friend is a jerk. The Queen is elegant in every way, something we are missing in our world of shabby attire and crude behavior.

• Barbara A. Schwartz

It was a beautiful wedding.I wish them much happiness.MAZEL TOV(GOOD LUCK)

Sincerely,
    Barbara Amber Schwartz

Rhode Island United States of America

• debbie

I think Queen Elizabeth has grown more lovely over the years. She looks beautiful here. Some women age gracefully, and she is the one I think of the most when I think of that. God bless her, and William and Kate. This was a wonderful wedding, classy and more understates with elegance than many before. I wish the young couple all the best, and I wish the Queen more of the same.

• Elaine

I thought the Queen looked wonderful... Her skin hardly has a wrinkle.. And to see her step in and out of the cars & up the steps so effetely is amazing... Has aged a lot better then her husband...

• Annette

I think the Queen look stunning and showed more tast than the young Royal Guests or the famous Celebs that were at the wedding!!!

• Sis

You know as I say. At the age the queen is she can do what she want's too... When she want's too, and has to answer to no one. Also she can wear what she wannt too... Myself, I'm just past 72yrs old and that is what I always tell everyone..

• Carolyn Simbari

Beautiful Royal Wedding ! The Queen was graceful and lovely. I have a commemorative decantor of port wine in honor of the Queen's coranation.

• Pk

When you see the royal wedding pictures you know exactly why she wore yellow...she looks fabulous with all of the braid and red jackets ....

• Muracoman

That's what we need in this country - a head of state (preferably a monarch) who is above politics and unites the nation. AND REMEMBER, the pound is rising and the dollar is FALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING

• Christie

I think the queen looks stunning, and looks as if she is channeling another great leader of our times, Cory Aquino! :D

• Paula

I was surprised that the queen wore yellow. She looked so cheary and younger in it. HAppiness and spring. She frequently looks dowdy in her clothes. Also her husband looked most helpful to her getting in and out of the carriage, with out looking overly so.

• sonu

Cool. Interesting place I must say. I just ended up finding this place while browsing the internet for some assignment. Its a great job you people are doing. Keep Up the great job. I'll be visiting this place frequently.

• 18 Comments / 1 Pages