kate middleton royal wedding makeup
AP Photo/APTN

Behold! A princess who does her own makeup.

Kate Middleton showed off her expert bridal beauty training from makeup artist Arabella Preston on her royal wedding day. And while it isn't a drastic departure from her normal makeup routine, the newly appointed Duchess of Cambridge donned some serious smoky eye makeup.

With her brunette locks styled half-up, half-down in long, soft curls and dressed in a Cartier tiara borrowed from the Queen, Kate's elegant beauty -- bold brows, heavily-lined lids, rosy cheeks and pink lips -- made quite the statement.

We may have suggested softer smoky eyes, but we admire Kate for wielding the makeup brush on her wedding day.

What do you think of Kate Middleton's royal wedding day makeup? Vote in our poll!

More Royal Wedding News:

Photos: Royal Wedding Balcony Moments of the Past

Photos: The Royal Family Tree

Who's Who in the Royal Wedding Party

Video: Prince Charles Break Dances (Sorta)

Follow the Royal Wedding Route

Prince William and Kate Pay Emotional Visit to Princess Diana's Grave

Prince William and Kate Middleton Look a Little Sketchy

Who Was Crowned the Most Beautiful Royal of All Time?

Women Don't Envy Kate Middleton

Could Prince William's Future Daughter Be Queen?

• Laura Martin

CONGRATULATIONS TO WILLIAM AND KATE!!! Kate looked amazing and Wiliam of course was dashing as usual. My best wishes to you and hope you live a long happy life together. CHEERS!!!!!

• Sandra Carr

Kate looked so beautiful.... so happy and William looked just as happy... my husband and I share this wedding anniversary.. we have been happily married for 33 years... I hope that it brings you as much joy as we have shared. Your ceremony was so touching and loved your readings that you chose. By the way Kate your brother did an awesome job completing his reading. He is dashing also.

• Lady T

Happy anniversary to you and your hubby. May you two continue to be blessed with each other.

• Mary

Who ARE these people who talk to the royals in the first person here? Geesch. Get a life. That stuff's scary, not to mention quite disturbing to read.

• Jerry

Mary: It's like Terri said,...PLEASE get a life!!! Princess Kathrynn will bring a breath of fresh air into those stuffy old Royal buildings!!! Princess Diana could've done it,...Had Prince Charles been true to her! Was it O.K. for him to cheat on her, just because he is the son of the Queen??? If he wanted that bimbo that he's married to now, why didn't he marry her BEFORE he proposed to Diana??? He knew her before he knew Diana, right???The Royal family, with their snobby noses up in the clouds, always expect their subordinates to kiss their "Royal Butts" , even after they're married into the family. Personally, I felt that, rather than the bride bowing to the Queen after the ceremony,...I felt that the Queen should've bowed her head to the bride on her "Special Day". Certainly, I understand that there is protocol, HOWEVER,...These Royal's also need to know that their subjects are the ones who put steak on their platter & jewels in their crown!!! Respect is a two-way street!!!

• terri

Mary......You are the one who needs to get a life!.......YOU are "quite disturbing"

• Jerry

I'm 63 years old,...& I never in my lifetime ever thought that I'd see a more beautiful bride, (or woman, for that matter),...than Princess Diana,...Until Friday! I truely hope that Prince William realizes that there are a ton of men who would gladly kill to be in his position,...being married to the most desirable woman on God's green earth!!! Princess Kathrynn can melt the hardest of hearts without even trying!!! She is Regal beauty, and MORE than deserving of her position in the Royal family. I only hope that the "Royal Family" can live up to HER level! She is PRIME QUALITY in terms of royalty!!!

• Dee63

To Jerry, I say you put into words what many of us are thinking! Hear, hear!

• Jerry

To Dee 63: Just thought I'd add that Princess Diana died on my 50th birthday. It was a VERY sad day for me. My sister & brother-in-law were going through a divorce, & my brother-in-law was feeling bad, so I asked him to go along with me to visit my daughter in Northern Wisconsin (Park Falls). We live in S.E. Wisconsin, & I thought that visiting with my daughter, going to the casino, & seeing the Lakes would lift his spirits a little. Anyhow,...We stopped at a steakhouse in Fiefield for supper, & while we were having a cocktail at the bar, waiting for our table, we heard on the T.V. that Princess Diana was in a car accident , and may be dying. Needless to say,...We were screwed up for the entire weekend! Terribly sad!

• 9 Comments / 1 Pages