** ROYAL WEDDING UPDATE ** Kate Middleton's Wedding Dress designed by Alexander McQueen's Sarah Burton. Full coverage on AOL Royal Wedding.

With all eyes glued on Prince William's fiancée Kate Middleton, we thought it only right to take a sartorial-minded look down memory lane to check out the future royal's style past.

What follows are images of the Vanity Fair Best Dressed honoree in a flurry of feathered hats, proper topcoats, ladylike hemlines, and one disastrous see-through dress.

Enjoy!

And, while you're at it, check out the style evolution of Middleton's polar opposite, boho queen Lisa Bonet, who turned 43 this week.

And click here for a look back at the evolution of Kate and William's relationship.

• diane marr

Michelle Obama sure could take lessons on what to wear from someone with real class in picking out sheik clothes. Michelle's look like something out of the ragbag.

• Aponi

Drivingfool00 who's talking American style vs. Royal attire. It is obvious your comments and educational level is first grade, oh that's too harsh on first graders I meant infantile.

• bj the dj

Chery Franks-Where did all that garbage come from!!

• carol

she is a beautiful girl and they look very happy together. i hope they continue to love each other and have a wonderful life. diana would have been very proud of her sons. it's so sad she isn't around to see how they turned out. she must have really done something right for them before she died.

• Lily

She is lovely, best wishes to the happy couple. Thank you for some good news and something to look forward to!

• anne vitasek

happy holidays all!!!

anne vitasek

• Think Proverb 31

Happy Holidays Anne! I've seen you post that on other blogs so I felt I should wish you the same. I wish the absolute best of blessings to Prince William and Kate and though I posted similar already, I wanted to add: why so many hateful comments? Why are so many people in general so hateful these days? Life is so very short to hate someone at all, much less those you don't even know other than through the media! Shame on those acting that way at such a joyous time for this young couple!

• Bev

She looks very pretty. I really don't understand why they have such a foolish thing as princess and princes for that is totally outdated and serves no purpose. English people supporting others that don't accomplish anything but go around thinking they are special. Yes, they might make money but showing up at places but they have no real say in anything in England and truly don't know what it is to do a real days
    work. They have servants that the people of England are paying for - when are the English people going to smarten up and realize they have been taken for years.

• Bill

She look's great! Even what the writer call's her worst dressed moment look's great beside some you see today. I think the Prince made a great choice myself!!

• Think Proverb 31

Exactly, Bill~ Plus, wasn't it that "disasterous" outfit that drew Prince William to ask Kate out on a date? I believe that's what I read somewhere, and that's where it all began. Kate is a beautiful, poised young woman and Prince William is so very handsome, but also from all I have read, they are both as beautiful inside and that is what matters most. Diana is indeed smiling down on them! I wish William and Kate all the blessings that life can give them and for them to always be as happy as the day he proposed! God bless the happy couple and happy holidays to all reading my comment!

• BOB

To all you jealous nerds ,,,what ever she did it won her a prince ,lololol,,,you go Kate

• Scp

Why is everyone so concerned about this Kate Middleton and the Prince? They mean nothing to us here in the US. Do you think the people of England were concerned when Bush's daughter or Chelsea Clinton got married?

• james e. gary

Ms Middleton is a knockout drop dead beautiful for sure, bring some beauty to the royal family for a change. God bless them both.

• Jusus

Yeah, but can she cook,and clean, and make him a sandwich.

• bt

The are only good looking if they have lots of money! look it some of the presidents wifes

• Rain

I'm sorry, people, but Middleton is SUCH a plain Jane! There's nothing "special" about her face and she isn't strikingly beautiful. I'm sorry...I'm just amazed that this is the BEST a handsome young prince can do! But I guess there's no accounting for taste with these guys...his father, after all, cheated on his beautiful mother with Camilla!

• sharry

Well, looks aren't everything. Maybe she has an amazing personality, as well? I imagine it takes a certain kind of person to deal with the pressures that are going to come with being married to a future king. I think she looks amazing, especially in the last two photos. Blue really seems to be her color. She looks absolutely radiant in the engagement photo. You are right, though, about Camilla. Diana definitely was the better looking of the two.

• Rhonda

I hope William's receding hairline is the only thing he's inherited from his father..he humiliated Diana with the infidelity...

• scottjoy3

looks good in every photo.

• alan h

It is a breath of fresh air to see a young woman dress beautifully, and with class. After watching the likes of freaks like Lady GAGA traipse (and trip) around in disgusting attention craving costumes and Frankenstinian platform shoes, I had begun to give up hope in their generation. It's nice to see a young women who doesn't feel the need to become a sideshow act as a "fashion statement".
    It's just too bad this attitude doesn't show itself more often in
    "regular" people and that we have to look to the royal family to see it. I wish young women in general could be happy just being beautiful instead of having to be perverse.